-10 tbsp butter
-1/2 cup confectionars' sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 ounces chocolate (I used dark chocolate)
Makes 20 cookies
1. Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy then beat in the egg yolk, almond extract, ground almonds and flour until evenly mixed. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven at 325. Line 3-4 baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Break off small pieces of dough (total 40) and roll into balls with your hands. Place the balls on the baking sheets, spacing them out, as they will spread in the oven.
4. Bake the cookies for 20 minutes or until golden. remove the baking sheets from the oven, lift off the paper with the cookies on, then place on wire racks. Let the cookies cool on the paper. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
5. When the cookies are cold. lift them off the paper. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. sandwich the cookies in pairs, with the melted chocolate. Let cool and se before serving.